While enjoying my holiday in sunny Durban last week, I was excited to learn I’ve been nominated for the WordPress Family Award by fellow blogger Fahranaaz.
It’s humbling when your blog that’s tailored to your interests alone is appreciated by a handful of loyal readers.
When I first started Nybble at the Surface I had no idea what to write about, how often I would be able to write, and of course, if people would actually find my content engaging or the least bit interesting. Almost a year and a half later, I’ve realised that it’s not about the followership, it’s about your blog being your personal space to do as you please. So when people appreciate your blog even though it was meant just for you, it’s delightful and inspiring.
A few rules are in place when accepting this award:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
4. Let your Family members know you have awarded them.
5. Post 7 (interesting) things about yourself.
My nominies are… *takes a deep breath*
Just when I thought the hard part of choosing from a large pool of endless talent was over, I have to conjure up seven supposedly interesting things about myself. This may sum up who I am:
- I wanted to be a scientist when I was younger [until I got to high school and suffered allergic reactions to mathematics]
- Most of the clothing in my cupboard are the colour black. I desperately need to change that…
- I don’t think the term ‘cat-lover’ can aptly describe how crazy I am about cats.
- Exactly 9 months after meeting my husband, we got engaged.
- I’m OCD when it comes to housework. Everything must be in place, in a line, at a certain angle, and gleaming. Always.
- I have a bad habit of judging people who text me usng wrds lyk dis.
- The meaning of my name is prostration. And prostrating brings me comfort.
I don’t think I’ve shared this many personal things about myself in a single blog post before. I guess there’s a first for everything.
A huge thank you to Fahranaaz for the nomination 🙂